CCTV cameras are a great way to monitor your property and deter crime. However, it’s not uncommon for them to experience issues here and there.
Luckily, if you know what those issues are and how to fix them, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your property is being monitored by the best system possible.
Below is a list of some of the most common CCTV issues, with fixes for each one:
- Troubleshooting frozen frames or recording: Put in new tapes or micro SD cards. If this doesn’t work, try switching monitor inputs.
- Improper color display on screen: Change the color setting on the monitor (try VGA) or change the resolution setting in the camera’s menu settings and restart it.
- Camera, not recording / blurry recordings: If a tape or micro SD card is inserted, check to ensure it’s not full! If it’s recording something, try changing the resolution settings.
- Viewing live feed on the computer monitor in black and white: Make sure your camera and the computer are set to the exact screen resolution (ideally 640 x 480). Also, check whether the connection to the DVR is correct.
- Inaccurate date and time on screen: We recommend you manually set the date & time. If you’re having trouble with this, you can use the “Auto Time” feature on your DVR, which will automatically sync up as soon as it detects an NTP server.
- Poor lighting, shadows, and shadows on face shots: Use an LED or fluorescent bulb. We recommend using LED bulbs with halogen shields, as they have lower power consumption, last longer, are better for the environment, and have a better color temperature.
- White lines on screen: Often caused by dust or moisture. These cause false lines in the picture, which is just a bug in your camera’s firmware you can’t see. A professional firmware upgrade can fix that.
This list is just a brief list of different CCTV issues and how to fix them. We recommend that you check your CCTV equipment. But if you are not confident or don’t want to try replacing the camera, you can hire an expert from our team of cyber security consultants to fix your security issues ASAP.
Get Professional CCTV Camera Services in Hollywood, FL, and The Surrounding Areas
Tel Efficient has a professional team always available and ready to serve. We’ve been helping businesses expand in the Hollywood, FL, area with our CCTV services for years, and we are prepared to take on your project.
We provide our customers with quality results, efficient services, and a safe environment. Our strive to serve our customers makes us unique in this industry. Call us today.